Chinese migrants played a very significant role on the Ballarat Goldfields, and elsewhere around Victoria, making up approximately 20% of all males in Ballarat. They were known for being hard-working and peaceful people, however their experience of the gold rush was marred by racism and discriminatory politics.
Search this site
- The Industrial Revolution in Australia: Part 2
- What was eaten on the Goldfields; part 2
- Household Arts of the 1850s: A personal experience part 3.
- Books for teaching History – Eureka: The Unfinished Revolution
- Household Arts of the 1850s: a personal experience part 2; the first night
- What was eaten on the Goldfields?
- Books for Teaching History: Days of my Youth
- Household Arts of the 1850′s: A personal experience
- What caused the Eureka Stockade? – Part 3
- The Industrial Revolution in Australia
Favorite topics1850s food 1850s health 1850s lifestyles 1850s people Ballarat Ballarat Reform League biodiversity books burke and wills bushrangers Chinese colonial Australia Colonial Christmas crime damper Eureka Stockade excursion planning gold rush historical recreations history for kids history of science Household Arts immigration Industrial Revolution irish famine law and order local history mining museum learning music newspapers proverbs Queen Victoria racism solar energy sustainability education teaching history teaching resources theatre Victorian celebrations Wild Boys women world war one
- RT @FionaElseyCRI: Have you registered for the Sovereign Hill "Make Cancer History" walk? A wonderful opportunity to enjoy one of... http:… 2 days ago
- Amazing readings from girls @ballaraths last night for #Anne_Frank opening @sovereignhill #Gold_Museum. Well done. 2 days ago
- RT @VCatBallarat: Well done to Sovereign Hill and the Gold Museum in Ballarat with the launch of the Anne Frank exhibition - well worth see… 2 days ago
- RT @Languages4Kids: Check out our cool (FREE) competition for kids! Family pass to Sovereign Hill. To celebrate the love of languages... ht… 2 days ago
- @PCampbell91 Look forward to seeing you at the Teachmeet. Good luck with your new job. 3 days ago
- RT @matdowler: Share your Narmbool school camp experience at narmbool.wikispaces.com 2 months ago
- RT @matdowler: At Narmbool - You can now book a 1 day, 1 night school camp with meals, accommodation and a full day program - Phone 53371188 2 months ago
- RT @matdowler: Narmbool has received a grant from the Freemasons Trust to fund Grampian region schools to sign up for ResourceSmart. Cal ... 2 months ago
- Know a young Aussie or group working to protect, manage or restore our natural heritage? Nominate them: unaavictoria.org.au/awards-program… via @unaavic 3 months ago
- Great camouflage! MT @melbournemuseum: Check out this little guy! He's part of a new collection of bugs... http://t.co/JEnRXUD9 3 months ago